Subject: [PATCH] dm9000: do not kfree() netdevice

From: Ben Dooks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 12:05:39 +0000

The DM9000 network driver is calling kfree() on an netdev
causing the system to oops if the probe fails. The right
thing to do is call free_netdev().

Thanks to Russell King for spotting this.

Signed-off-by: Ben Dooks <[email-masked]>

diff -urpN -X ../dontdiff linux-2.6.20/drivers/net/dm9000.c linux-2.6.20-dmfix/drivers/net/dm9000.c
--- linux-2.6.20/drivers/net/dm9000.c	2007-02-04 18:44:54.000000000 +0000
+++ linux-2.6.20-dmfix/drivers/net/dm9000.c	2007-02-12 12:01:22.000000000 +0000
@@ -601,7 +601,7 @@ dm9000_probe(struct platform_device *pde
 	printk("%s: not found (%d).\n", CARDNAME, ret);
 
 	dm9000_release_board(pdev, db);
-	kfree(ndev);
+	free_netdev(ndev);
 
 	return ret;
 }
@@ -1194,7 +1194,7 @@ dm9000_drv_remove(struct platform_device
 
 	unregister_netdev(ndev);
 	dm9000_release_board(pdev, (board_info_t *) ndev->priv);
-	kfree(ndev);		/* free device structure */
+	free_netdev(ndev);		/* free device structure */
 
 	PRINTK1("clean_module() exit\n");