Subject: Re: Extensible hashing and RCU

From: Evgeniy Polyakov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 18:11:19 +0300

On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 07:07:16AM -0800, Michael K. Edwards ([email-masked]) wrote:
> On 2/20/07, David Miller <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >Actually someone (I think it was Evgeniy in fact) made such
> >comparisons and found in his studies that not only does the current
> >ehash xor hash function distribute about as well as jenkins, it's
> >significantly cheaper to calculate :-)
> 
> However, it's vulnerable to hash collision attacks, which the Jenkins
> hash (used as a poor man's HMAC with a boot-time random salt) is not.
> But if you don't care about DoS ....

Jenkins _does_ have them, I showed tests half a year ago and in this
thread too. Actually _any_ hash has them it is just a matter of time 
to find one.

> Cheers,
> - Michael

-- 
	Evgeniy Polyakov