Subject: Re: 2.6.20.4: NETDEV WATCHDOG and lockups

From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 13:21:00 +0200

On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 04:19:46PM +0100, Christian Kujau wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Apr 2007, Jarek Poplawski wrote:
> >Did you try with 8139cp instead of 8139too?
> 
> Tried that, 8139cp could not be loaded :(

Sorry for misleading!

> >(Maybe even try some other card to narrow the problem?)
> >You could also try to test without ehci, if it's possible.
> 
> USB has been disabled completely. After booting with 'acpi=off lapic' 
> the box survived ~30min then locked up again and rebooted.

So, it's a lot sooner than before. (BTW, isn't there anything
in debug log?) I see both CPUs did interrupt handling again.
Maybe it's a real locking problem. Here are some more
suggestions for testing (if you don't find anything better):
- try without SMP, so: 'acpi=off lapic nosmp'
- lock debugging turned on as much as possible
plus maybe for curiosity:
- different CONFIG_HZ
- 8139TOO_PIO = y

...
> IRQ-problems with the Un-Interruptible-Power-Supply

I wouldn't be surprised... 

Cheers,
Jarek P.