Subject: Re: [1/3] 2.6.21-rc6: known regressions

From: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 15:39:52 +0200

* Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > The 6b6b6b6b pattern is POISON_FREE, implying some kind of slab 
> > misuse, most likely a use-after-free, although possibly just due to 
> > overrunning a slab into the next one or something like that.
> 
> unfortunately, while being at -rc6 based kernel #445 meanwhile, this 
> incident was the only time i saw this problem. [...]

meanwhile i'm at kernel bootup #657, and still this crash did not 
reoccur. So it could have been some pre-existing sysfs bug that triggers 
only extremely rarely. I'd suggest that this bug have its priority 
lowered (to not hold up a v2.6.21 release) - there's no smoking gun and 
no reproducer. I'll keep an eye on it.

	Ingo

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.
http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/