Subject: Re: [PATCH] [-mm] ACPI: export ACPI events via netlink

From: Evgeniy Polyakov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 14:10:59 +0400

On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 10:05:00AM -0000, Samuel Ortiz ([email-masked]) wrote:
> 
> On 5/22/2007, "Zhang Rui" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >Index: linux-2.6.22-rc1/include/linux/netlink.h
> >===================================================================
> >--- linux-2.6.22-rc1.orig/include/linux/netlink.h	2007-05-21 10:19:00.000000000 +0800
> >+++ linux-2.6.22-rc1/include/linux/netlink.h	2007-05-21 15:26:14.000000000 +0800
> >@@ -24,6 +24,7 @@
> > /* leave room for NETLINK_DM (DM Events) */
> > #define NETLINK_SCSITRANSPORT	18	/* SCSI Transports */
> > #define NETLINK_ECRYPTFS	19
> >+#define NETLINK_ACPI_EVENT	20	/* acpi event notifications */
> I think it is recommended to use the generic netlink layer instead of
> having everyone adding its own netlink ID.

It is possible to allocate your own netlink protocol number, but Samuel
is right, it is better to use existing delivery mechanisms like
genetlink and connector.

> Cheers,
> Samuel.
> -
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe netdev" in
> the body of a message to [email-masked]
> More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

-- 
	Evgeniy Polyakov