Subject: Re: [PATCH 2.6.16-stable] [IPV6]: Restore semantics of Routing Header processing.

From: Adrian Bunk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 11:52:44 +0200

On Sat, May 12, 2007 at 01:17:39AM +0900, YOSHIFUJI Hideaki / 吉藤英明 wrote:
> The "fix" for emerging security threats was overkill and it broke
> basic semantic of IPv6 routing header processing.  We should assume
> RT0 as "unknown" RH type so that we
> - silently ignore the routing header if segleft == 0
> - or, send ICMPv6 Parameter Problem message back to the sender,
>   otherwise.
>...

Thanks for the patch, but I'll wait until it's in Linus' tree before 
applying it (and if I understand Vlad's email on netdev correctly, it 
might not be applied unchanged to Linus' tree).

cu
Adrian

-- 

       "Is there not promise of rain?" Ling Tan asked suddenly out
        of the darkness. There had been need of rain for many days.
       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed