Subject: Re: Generic netlink interface help

From: Rodolfo Giometti <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 19:47:59 +0200

On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 03:54:30PM +0200, Johannes Berg wrote:

> It's written in python without using libnl:
> http://git.sipsolutions.net/pynl80211.git

If I well understand I should do something like this:

	s = socket(PF_NETLINK, SOCK_RAW, NETLINK_GENERIC);

        memset(&src_addr, 0, sizeof(src_addr));
        src_addr.nl_family = AF_NETLINK;
        src_addr.nl_pid = 0;            /* ask kernel to choose an unique ID */
        src_addr.nl_groups = 0;         /* not in mcast groups */
        ret = bind(handle->socket, (struct sockaddr *) &src_addr, sizeof(src_add

to get access to the generic netlink, then I should request the
generic family name but I don't understand in which structure I should
put this request... Can you please halp me?

Thanks a lot,

Rodolfo

-- 

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail:    [email-masked]
Linux Device Driver                             [email-masked]
Embedded Systems                     		[email-masked]
UNIX programming                     phone:     +39 349 2432127