Subject: Re: r8169: hard freezes on TX

From: Rolf Eike Beer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 16:13:42 +0200

Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> You wrote:
> > Rolf Eike Beer <[email-masked]> :
> > [...]
> >
> > > I just had another freeze using your patches. After 512kB over smb it
> > > was dead.
> >
> > In-kernel smb/cifs ?
>
> Copying to a partition mounted via smb:// protocol in konqueror which uses
> kio_smb (userspace io slave).

This start to get weird. I sent a single file (~4 MB) via FTP to a host 
connected via a 10 MBit Hub: freeze. Now I decided to beat it and tested a 
bit around. I copied some folders of my MP3 collection over there, all went 
fine. Then I created a tar file of ~400 MB and sent that which also went 
fine. Even the next try with this file didn't produce a crash. What was 
different on this tests was that I used the console instead of X (don't want 
to munch up too many file systems). Any ideas?

Eike