Subject: [PATCH 0/15] spidernet driver bug fixes

From: [email-masked] (Linas Vepstas)
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 13:14:29 -0500

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 01:20:20PM -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 12:06:08PM -0500, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 11:12:31AM +1000, Michael Ellerman wrote:
> > > On Thu, 2007-06-07 at 14:17 -0500, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > The major bug fixes are: 
> > > I realise it's late, but shouldn't "major bugfixes" be going into 22 ?
> > Yeah, I suppose, I admit I've lost track of the process. 
>
> You need to order your bug fixes first in the queue. 

OK, here are the patches, re-ordered. There is a different number
than last time, as I threw out one, merged one, and got cold feet
on a third one.  They still pass the tests.

The first five patches focus on three serious bugs, fixing crashes or
hangs.

-- patch 1 -- kernel crash when ifdown while receiving packets.
-- patch 2,3,4 -- device driver deadlocks on "RX ram full" mesgs.
                  (kernel stays up, ifdown/up clear the problem).
-- patch 5 -- misconfigured TX interrupts results in 3x-4x per
              degradation for small packets.

-- patch 6 -- rx stats may be mangled
-- patch 7 -- hw checksum sometimes breaks ipv6 operation

-- patches 8-15 -- misc tweaks, and documentation.

I re-ran my stress tests with patches 1-7 applied; they pass.

I suggest that patches 1-5 or 1-7 be applied asap.

--linas