Subject: [PATCH 1/8] s390: print correct level for HiperSockets devices

From: Frank Pavlic <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 12:55:18 +0200

From: Ursula Braun <[email-masked]>

For real HiperSockets the EBCDIC-ASCII conversion is not necessary.
This is only needed for z/VM GuestLAN devices.

Signed-off-by: Ursula Braun <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Frank Pavlic <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/s390/net/qeth_main.c |   20 +++++++++++---------
 1 files changed, 11 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/s390/net/qeth_main.c b/drivers/s390/net/qeth_main.c
index 0b96d49..ea2fd98 100644
--- a/drivers/s390/net/qeth_main.c
+++ b/drivers/s390/net/qeth_main.c
@@ -7797,15 +7797,17 @@ qeth_print_status_message(struct qeth_card *card)
 		}
 		/* fallthrough */
 	case QETH_CARD_TYPE_IQD:
-		card->info.mcl_level[0] = (char) _ebcasc[(__u8)
-			card->info.mcl_level[0]];
-		card->info.mcl_level[1] = (char) _ebcasc[(__u8)
-			card->info.mcl_level[1]];
-		card->info.mcl_level[2] = (char) _ebcasc[(__u8)
-			card->info.mcl_level[2]];
-		card->info.mcl_level[3] = (char) _ebcasc[(__u8)
-			card->info.mcl_level[3]];
-		card->info.mcl_level[QETH_MCL_LENGTH] = 0;
+		if (card->info.guestlan) {
+			card->info.mcl_level[0] = (char) _ebcasc[(__u8)
+				card->info.mcl_level[0]];
+			card->info.mcl_level[1] = (char) _ebcasc[(__u8)
+				card->info.mcl_level[1]];
+			card->info.mcl_level[2] = (char) _ebcasc[(__u8)
+				card->info.mcl_level[2]];
+			card->info.mcl_level[3] = (char) _ebcasc[(__u8)
+				card->info.mcl_level[3]];
+			card->info.mcl_level[QETH_MCL_LENGTH] = 0;
+		}
 		break;
 	default:
 		memset(&card->info.mcl_level[0], 0, QETH_MCL_LENGTH + 1);
-- 
1.5.2.1