Subject: Re: e1000: backport ich9 support from 7.5.5 ?

From: Andrew Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 15:03:50 -0700

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 14:39:20 -0700
"Kok, Auke" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> 
> That's why we want to introduce a second e1000 driver (named differently, pick 
> any name) that contains the new code base, side-by-side into the kernel with the 
> current e1000.

Sounds like a reasonable approach to me (it has plenty of precedent).  But
I forget what all the other issues were, so ignore me.

> This new e1000 codebase goes miles and miles beyond what I posted in april/march 
> and what is in -mm.

There are no e1000 changes in -mm (from you), I don't believe.  git-e1000
has been in permadrop mode since 2.6.22-rc1-mm1 due to a huge number of git
rejects/conflicts.

Is git://lost.foo-projects.org/~ahkok/git/netdev-2.6#mm the correct URL?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.
http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/