Subject: [PATCH 2/2][NETPOLL] netconsole: delete flush_scheduled_work

From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 12:12:23 +0200

On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 12:59:49PM +0400, Oleg Nesterov wrote:
...
> While you are here, could you also delete this flush_scheduled_work() ?
> It is not needed any longer.

Yes. I've thought about this, and even planned to mention, but then
forgotten... Of course, you are right, but since it stayed so long
and doesn't seem to be dangerous, and there is -rc7 I wasn't so brave.
But now I have an explanation...

Jarek P.

---------->

Subject: [PATCH][NETPOLL] netconsole: delete flush_scheduled_work

flush_scheduled_work() isn't needed after cancel_rearming_delayed_work(),
so here it's removed from netpoll_cleanup().

PS: This patch was prepared on 2.6.22-rc7 with my other today's patch:
netconsole: fix soft lockup ...

Noticed-by: Oleg Nesterov <[email-masked]>

Signed-off-by: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>

---

diff -Nurp 2.6.22-rc7-plus-revert1-/net/core/netpoll.c 2.6.22-rc7-plus-revert1/net/core/netpoll.c
--- 2.6.22-rc7-plus-revert1-/net/core/netpoll.c	2007-07-02 09:32:34.000000000 +0200
+++ 2.6.22-rc7-plus-revert1/net/core/netpoll.c	2007-07-02 11:43:29.000000000 +0200
@@ -786,7 +786,6 @@ void netpoll_cleanup(struct netpoll *np)
 				skb_queue_purge(&npinfo->arp_tx);
 				skb_queue_purge(&npinfo->txq);
 				cancel_rearming_delayed_work(&npinfo->tx_work);
-				flush_scheduled_work();
 
 				/* clean after last, unfinished work */
 				if (!skb_queue_empty(&npinfo->txq)) {