Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 -mm 8/9] netconsole: Support multiple logging targets

From: Joel Becker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 21:29:48 -0700

On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 03:47:09AM +0530, Satyam Sharma wrote:
> Hmm, I put it in there because I expected that the user must have had
> at least one target configured (added to target_list) if he's got the
> module loaded/built-in (and netconsole registered), which is when this
> function would be triggered anyway.

	Loading the module won't happen without a config, but there's no
requirement that a built-in netconsole has a kernel command-line
argument.  I always build netconsole for my kernels.  Sure, I usually do
it as a module, but if I build a monolithic kernel I compile it in.
That doesn't mean I always have a server, let alone a netconsole= option
:-)

Joel

-- 

"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one
 I've never tried before."
        - Mae West

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle
E-mail: [email-masked]
Phone: (650) 506-8127