Subject: Re: [PATCH] [IrDA] Fix IrDA build failure

From: Adrian Bunk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:05:19 +0200

On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 04:17:08PM +0400, Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 02:07:44PM +0200, Adrian Bunk ([email-masked]) wrote:
> > > What about having all of them __devinit/__devexit?
> > 
> > That would be completely wrong.
> 
> Hi Adrian.

Hi Evgeniy,

> Then why should irda have __init/__exit at first point

for code that only gets called during driver loading resp. driver 
unloading.

> - replacing that
> with appropriate 'dev' prefix I suggested.

You seem to misunderstand what the "dev" prefix is doing.

> 	Evgeniy Polyakov

cu
Adrian

-- 

       "Is there not promise of rain?" Ling Tan asked suddenly out
        of the darkness. There had been need of rain for many days.
       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed