Subject: Re: 2.6.20->2.6.21 - networking dies after random time

From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 10:13:26 +0200

On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 09:16:10AM +0200, Marcin Ślusarz wrote:
> 2007/7/25, Thomas Gleixner <[email-masked]>:
> >(...)
> 
> I've tested Jarek's patch, 2 Ingo's patches (2nd and 3rd) and Thomas'
> patch (one patch at time of course) - all of them fixed the problem,
> but the last one flooded my logs with "Skip resend for irq 17". All
> tests were done on 2.6.21.3.
> 
> I wanted to test them all on 2.6.22.1, but I didn't have enough time.
> I've verified only that 2.6.22.1 has the same problem. I can test it
> later, but I can report results back at beginning of next week.

So, everything is clear - any changes are good!
Except the signed-off ones... 

Thanks Marcin,
Jarek P.

PS: Now, it seems to me Thomas could be the nearest. BTW, could somebody
give me some tip, how these re-triggered interrupts are skipped on dev's
reset before enable_irq?