Subject: Re: [PATCH FINAL] Merge the Sonics Silicon Backplane subsystem

From: Andrew Morton <akpm-de/[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 21:56:50 -0700

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 13:24:54 +0200 Michael Buesch <[email-masked]> wrote:

> The Sonics Silicon Backplane is a mini-bus used on
> various Broadcom chips and embedded devices.

A few probs with mips allmodconfig:

drivers/ssb/driver_mipscore.c:121: warning: "struct ssb_serial_ports" declared inside parameter list
drivers/ssb/driver_mipscore.c:121: warning: its scope is only this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want
drivers/ssb/driver_mipscore.c: In function `ssb_mips_serial_init':
drivers/ssb/driver_mipscore.c:166: warning: passing arg 1 of `ssb_extif_serial_init' from incompatible pointer type
drivers/ssb/driver_mipscore.c:166: warning: passing arg 2 of `ssb_extif_serial_init' from incompatible pointer type
drivers/ssb/driver_mipscore.c: At top level:
drivers/ssb/driver_mipscore.c:188: warning: 'ssb_cpu_clock' defined but not used
drivers/ssb/driver_pcicore.c: In function `ssb_fixup_pcibridge':
drivers/ssb/driver_pcicore.c:98: error: implicit declaration of function `pcibios_enable_device'
drivers/ssb/driver_pcicore.c: At top level:
drivers/ssb/driver_pcicore.c:278: warning: integer overflow in expression
drivers/ssb/driver_pcicore.c:278: warning: integer overflow in expression       

the latter is due to .end in

static struct resource ssb_pcicore_mem_resource = {
        .name   = "SSB PCIcore external memory",
        .start  = SSB_PCI_DMA,
        .end    = SSB_PCI_DMA + SSB_PCI_DMA_SZ - 1,
        .flags  = IORESOURCE_MEM,
};

It could be more Kconfig select borkage, of course..