Subject: Re: 2.6.20->2.6.21 - networking dies after random time

From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 14:16:58 +0200

On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 10:59:22AM +0200, Jean-Baptiste Vignaud wrote:
...
> > If you would like to read something more about testing (then of
> > course my suggestions could occur invalid - I'm a very bad tester
> > myself...) you can try this:
> > http://www.stardust.webpages.pl/files/handbook/
> 
> I'll have a look at the document.

BTW: this document describes some methods for a kind of 'professional'
testing (so you could save time if you do it very often). But, you
shouldn't think all this knowledge or tools are necessary. So, you can
skip many such things and still do very valuable testing with simpler
methods. And there are a lot of simple & good advices as well.

BTW #2: this all testing of older versions, which I've described, has
of course any reason only if after present patches you'll still think
the older kernel had worked better for you.

Jarek P.