Subject: 2.6.23-rc2-mm1: e1000e global symbols must be renamed

From: Adrian Bunk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 15:51:31 +0200

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 01:51:06AM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
>...
> - There is a new e1000 driver in git-netdev-all, called e1000e.  I'm sure
>   the developers would like it tested.  Please cc [email-masked] on
>   any reports.
>...
> Changes since 2.6.23-rc2-mm1:
>...
>  git-netdev-all.patch
>...
>  git trees
>...

<--  snip  -->

...
  LD      drivers/net/built-in.o
drivers/net/e1000e/built-in.o: In function `e1000_read_mac_addr':
(.text+0x3470): multiple definition of `e1000_read_mac_addr'
drivers/net/e1000/built-in.o:(.text+0xb6cc): first defined here
drivers/net/e1000e/built-in.o: In function `e1000_set_ethtool_ops':
(.text+0x594d): multiple definition of `e1000_set_ethtool_ops'
drivers/net/e1000/built-in.o:(.text+0xc97a): first defined here
...
make[3]: *** [drivers/net/built-in.o] Error 1

<--  snip  -->

cu
Adrian

-- 

       "Is there not promise of rain?" Ling Tan asked suddenly out
        of the darkness. There had been need of rain for many days.
       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed