Subject: Re: net/ipv4/fib_trie.c - compile error (Re: 2.6.23-rc3-mm1)

From: Adrian Bunk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 17:41:11 +0200

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 05:30:13PM +0200, Gabriel C wrote:
> Got it with a randconfig ( http://194.231.229.228/kernel/mm/2.6.23-rc3-mm1/r/randconfig-8 )
> 
> ...
> 
> net/ipv4/fib_trie.c: In function 'trie_rebalance':
> net/ipv4/fib_trie.c:969: error: lvalue required as unary '&' operand
> net/ipv4/fib_trie.c:971: error: lvalue required as unary '&' operand
> net/ipv4/fib_trie.c:977: error: lvalue required as unary '&' operand
> net/ipv4/fib_trie.c:980: error: lvalue required as unary '&' operand
>...

Side effect of the git-net removal, temporarily removing 
immunize-rcu_dereference-against-crazy-compiler-writers.patch should 
work around it.

cu
Adrian

-- 

       "Is there not promise of rain?" Ling Tan asked suddenly out
        of the darkness. There had been need of rain for many days.
       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed