Subject: Re: Tc bug (kernel crash) more info

From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 15:30:42 +0200

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 04:53:52PM +0400, Badalian Vyacheslav wrote:
...
> we have this kernel panic (then delete HTB) at all 2.6.18-x versions.
> on older kernel (2.6.x) we have another panic (then delete tc filter)... 
> summary we have TC panics 1 year ago ;) Sysctl option "reboot on panic" 

I'm not sure: do you mean it was less often? Did you try to report it
here? (Delete HTB: qdisc or classes?)

> save us. Now we up 2 backup computers and may try any patches to fix 
> this problem.
> 
> Also on 2.6.22 have strange dead. Black screen, no response to keyboard, 
> no info in netconsole, HardDisk led is stable red. "Black Dead"
> 

Yes, with all black it could be harder... Maybe 'set -x' at the
beginning (after #!/bin/sh line) of a script could manage to save
something before reboot or send with netconsole (but there could be
a lot of this with a large script...). Netconsole could be troublesome
too. One HTB deadlock problem during similar deleting was fixed in
2.6.23-rc (HTB timer problem) but the log was different. Anyway,
we probably need some more information (and trying).

Jarek P.