Subject: 2.6.23-rc4-mm1 net bitops compile error

From: Adrian Bunk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 11:14:17 +0200

defconfig fails with the following error on parisc:

<--  snip  -->

...
  CC      net/core/gen_estimator.o
In file included from include2/asm/bitops.h:111,
                 from /home/bunk/linux/kernel-2.6/linux-2.6.23-rc4-mm1/net/core/gen_estimator.c:18:
/home/bunk/linux/kernel-2.6/linux-2.6.23-rc4-mm1/include/asm-generic/bitops/non-atomic.h: 
In function '__set_bit':
/home/bunk/linux/kernel-2.6/linux-2.6.23-rc4-mm1/include/asm-generic/bitops/non-atomic.h:17: 
error: implicit declaration of function 'BIT_MASK'
/home/bunk/linux/kernel-2.6/linux-2.6.23-rc4-mm1/include/asm-generic/bitops/non-atomic.h:18: 
error: implicit declaration of function 'BIT_WORD'
make[3]: *** [net/core/gen_estimator.o] Error 1

<--  snip  -->

Either #include <asm/bitops.h> must become forbidden and #error or the 
move of the #define's to include/linux/bitops.h reverted.

cu
Adrian

-- 

       "Is there not promise of rain?" Ling Tan asked suddenly out
        of the darkness. There had been need of rain for many days.
       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed