Subject: [patch] dgrs removal

From: maximilian attems <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 15:50:23 +0200

nobody objected to adrian's rfc dropping dgrs on netdev back in dec. 2006.
-> http://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=116507999803538&w=2
as bonus points this will get rid of a proprietary licensed firmware.

"The dgrs driver is crap and assumes direct access to PCI iomem"
- Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]>

dgrs has no users and it's hardware was never shipped.

Signed-off-by: maximilian attems <[email-masked]>
Acked-by: Andres Salomon <[email-masked]>
Acked-by: Alan <[email-masked]>

find the patch attached, due to netdev size constraints
with the following diffstat
 Documentation/networking/dgrs.txt    |   52 
 b/Documentation/networking/00-INDEX  |    2 
 b/MAINTAINERS                        |    6 
 b/drivers/net/Kconfig                |   15 
 b/drivers/net/Makefile               |    1 
 b/drivers/net/wireless/rtl8187_dev.c |    1 
 drivers/net/dgrs.c                   | 1615 -----
 drivers/net/dgrs.h                   |   38 
 drivers/net/dgrs_asstruct.h          |   37 
 drivers/net/dgrs_bcomm.h             |  148 
 drivers/net/dgrs_es4h.h              |  183 
 drivers/net/dgrs_ether.h             |  135 
 drivers/net/dgrs_firmware.c          | 9966 -----------------------------------
 drivers/net/dgrs_i82596.h            |  473 -
 drivers/net/dgrs_plx9060.h           |  175 
 15 files changed, 1 insertion(+), 12846 deletions(-)

-- 
maks