Subject: dgrs: sparse warnings

From: Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 13:55:47 +0100

The dgrs driver is crap and assumes direct access to PCI iomem.

  CHECK   drivers/net/dgrs.c
drivers/net/dgrs.c:314:20: warning: cast removes address space of expression
drivers/net/dgrs.c:330:12: warning: incorrect type in argument 1 (different address spaces)
drivers/net/dgrs.c:330:12:    expected void volatile [noderef] <asn:2>*addr
drivers/net/dgrs.c:330:12:    got void *<noident>
drivers/net/dgrs.c:1003:14: warning: incorrect type in assignment (different address spaces)
drivers/net/dgrs.c:1003:14:    expected char *[usertype] vmem
drivers/net/dgrs.c:1003:14:    got void [noderef] <asn:2>*
drivers/net/dgrs.c:1023:17: warning: incorrect type in argument 1 (different address spaces)
drivers/net/dgrs.c:1023:17:    expected void volatile [noderef] <asn:2>*addr
drivers/net/dgrs.c:1023:17:    got char *[usertype] vmem
drivers/net/dgrs.c:1052:16: warning: incorrect type in argument 1 (different address spaces)
drivers/net/dgrs.c:1052:16:    expected void volatile [noderef] <asn:2>*addr
drivers/net/dgrs.c:1052:16:    got char *[usertype] vmem
drivers/net/dgrs.c:1106:16: warning: incorrect type in argument 1 (different address spaces)
drivers/net/dgrs.c:1106:16:    expected void volatile [noderef] <asn:2>*addr
drivers/net/dgrs.c:1106:16:    got char *[usertype] vmem
drivers/net/dgrs.c:1369:15: warning: incorrect type in argument 1 (different address spaces)
drivers/net/dgrs.c:1369:15:    expected void volatile [noderef] <asn:2>*addr
drivers/net/dgrs.c:1369:15:    got char *[usertype] vmem
drivers/net/dgrs.c:1371:12: warning: incorrect type in argument 1 (different address spaces)
drivers/net/dgrs.c:1371:12:    expected void volatile [noderef] <asn:2>*addr
drivers/net/dgrs.c:1371:12:    got unsigned char [usertype] *<noident>

Perhaps we should just mark it as BROKEN in Kconfig