Subject: Re: [patch] dgrs removal

From: maximilian attems <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 16:24:35 +0200

nobody objected to adrian's rfc dropping dgrs on netdev back in dec. 2006.
-> http://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=116507999803538&w=2
as bonus points this will get rid of a proprietary licensed firmware.

"The dgrs driver is crap and assumes direct access to PCI iomem"
- Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]>

dgrs has no users and it's hardware was never shipped.

Signed-off-by: maximilian attems <[email-masked]>
Acked-by: Andres Salomon <[email-masked]>
Acked-by: Alan <[email-masked]>

---
sorry for the resend, now with corrected diffstat
 Documentation/networking/00-INDEX |    2 
 Documentation/networking/dgrs.txt |   52 
 MAINTAINERS                       |    6 
 drivers/net/Kconfig               |   15 
 drivers/net/Makefile              |    1 
 drivers/net/dgrs.c                | 1615 ----
 drivers/net/dgrs.h                |   38 
 drivers/net/dgrs_asstruct.h       |   37 
 drivers/net/dgrs_bcomm.h          |  148 
 drivers/net/dgrs_es4h.h           |  183 
 drivers/net/dgrs_ether.h          |  135 
 drivers/net/dgrs_firmware.c       | 9966 ------------------------------
 drivers/net/dgrs_i82596.h         |  473 -
 drivers/net/dgrs_plx9060.h        |  175 
 14 files changed, 12846 deletions(-)

-- 
maks