Subject: Please pull 'upstream-davem' branch of wireless-2.6 (2007-09-27)

From: "John W. Linville" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 17:53:24 -0400

Dave & Jeff,

Here are some more wireless stack and driver updates for 2.6.24.  Please
pull at your earliest convenience.

Thanks!

John

P.S.  I preserved the point in net-2.6.24 from which upstream-davem is
based as 'master-davem'.  Hth!
---

Individual patches available here:

	http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/linville/wireless-2.6/upstream-davem

---

The following changes since commit 08d37cb05abbdddcbf44b8266b4f6c2c9d8a3da7:
  Andrew Morton (1):
        [ATM] net/atm/lec.c: printk warning fix

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-2.6.git upstream-davem

Ivo van Doorn (11):
      rt2x00: Correct error in calculating rssi for link tuner
      rt2x00: Make *_beacon_update static
      rt2x00: Increase rt2x00usb_vendor_request timeout.
      rt2x00: Correctly identify rt2561turbo
      rt2x00: Reorganize rt2x00dev->flags
      rt2x00: Add rt2x00dev->flags to debugfs
      rt2x00: make rt2x00lib_stop_link_tuner() reentrant with link_tuner work
      rt2x00: Stop link tuning when radio is down
      rt2x00: Fix obvious typo in comment
      rt2x00: Fix panic on rmmod with rfkill enabled
      rt2x00: Release rt2x00 2.0.9

Johannes Berg (17):
      mac80211: revamp interface and filter configuration
      mac80211: validate VLAN interfaces better
      mac80211: renumber and document the hardware flags
      mac80211: document a lot more
      wireless networking: move frame inline functions to generic header
      mac80211: remove crypto algorithm typedef
      mac80211: fix virtual interface locking
      mac80211: fix interface initialisation and deinitialisation
      mac80211: pass frames to monitor interfaces early
      mac80211: consolidate decryption
      mac80211: consolidate encryption
      mac80211: remove ieee80211_wep_get_keyidx
      mac80211: fix vlan bug
      mac80211: fix TKIP IV update
      mac80211: fix iff_promiscs, iff_allmultis race
      mac80211: remove all prism2 ioctls
      mac80211: remove generic IE for AP interfaces

John W. Linville (1):
      iwlwifi: fix imcomplete conversion to print_mac API

Michael Buesch (2):
      mac80211: bss_tim_clear must use ~ instead of !
      rfkill: Fix documentation typos

Michael Wu (6):
      adm8211: kill interrupt loop
      adm8211: Improve writing of mac addrs to registers
      adm8211: kill version printks
      adm8211: Use revision from pci_dev
      adm8211: Pass all TXed frames to tx_status_irqsafe
      adm8211: Detect interface up/down in suspend/resume hooks correctly

Zhu Yi (15):
      iwlwifi: replacing IPW with IWL in error messages
      iwlwifi: workaournd REPLY_COMPRESSED_BA command in iwl_rx_handle
      iwlwifi: Correction for sending beacon in config_ap
      iwlwifi: clear station table in rxon unconditionally
      iwlwifi: Fix typo in rate sacling algorithm
      iwlwifi: fix add_station to avoid FW error
      iwlwifi: removing unnecessary memset in 4965 rate scale
      iwlwifi: add debugfs framework to rate scale
      iwlwifi: add read rate scale table debugfs function
      iwlwifi: limit printouts on hot path
      iwlwifi: add supp_rates to rate scale sta private data
      iwlwifi: rs_rate_scale_perform clean up
      iwlwifi: set fixed rate through debugfs
      iwlwifi: add debugfs rate scale stats
      iwlwifi: Update iwlwifi version stamp to 1.1.17

 drivers/net/wireless/adm8211.c              |  313 +++++-----
 drivers/net/wireless/adm8211.h              |    5 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/b43.h              |   15 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/main.c             |  248 ++++----
 drivers/net/wireless/b43legacy/b43legacy.h  |   20 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/b43legacy/main.c       |  245 ++++----
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-4965-rs.c  |  252 +++++++--
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-4965.c     |    2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-debug.h    |    3 +
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl3945-base.c |  103 ++--
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl4965-base.c |   66 ++-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwlwifi.h      |    2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/p54.h                  |    3 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/p54common.c            |   80 ++-
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2400pci.c     |  159 +++---
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2500pci.c     |  171 +++---
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2500usb.c     |  181 +++---
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2x00.h        |   70 +--
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2x00config.c  |   75 +--
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2x00debug.c   |   37 ++
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2x00dev.c     |  109 +++-
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2x00lib.h     |    4 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2x00mac.c     |  155 ++----
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2x00pci.c     |   31 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2x00rfkill.c  |   14 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2x00ring.h    |   17 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2x00usb.c     |   26 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2x00usb.h     |    8 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt61pci.c       |  172 +++---
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt73usb.c       |  179 +++---
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt73usb.h       |    2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rtl8187.h              |    5 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rtl8187_dev.c          |  129 ++++-
 drivers/net/wireless/rtl818x.h              |    1 +
 include/linux/ieee80211.h                   |   61 ++
 include/linux/rfkill.h                      |    6 +-
 include/net/mac80211.h                      |  894 ++++++++++++++++-----------
 net/mac80211/debugfs_netdev.c               |   21 -
 net/mac80211/hostapd_ioctl.h                |   61 --
 net/mac80211/ieee80211.c                    |  488 +++++++--------
 net/mac80211/ieee80211_i.h                  |   46 +-
 net/mac80211/ieee80211_iface.c              |   77 ++-
 net/mac80211/ieee80211_ioctl.c              |  281 ---------
 net/mac80211/ieee80211_key.h                |    2 +-
 net/mac80211/ieee80211_sta.c                |   39 +-
 net/mac80211/key.c                          |    2 +-
 net/mac80211/rx.c                           |  414 ++++++++-----
 net/mac80211/tkip.c                         |   16 +-
 net/mac80211/tkip.h                         |    3 +-
 net/mac80211/tx.c                           |   72 +--
 net/mac80211/wep.c                          |  108 +++-
 net/mac80211/wep.h                          |   14 +-
 net/mac80211/wpa.c                          |   30 +-
 net/mac80211/wpa.h                          |    8 +-
 54 files changed, 2961 insertions(+), 2584 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 net/mac80211/hostapd_ioctl.h

Omnibus patch attached as "upstream-davem.patch.bz2" due to size concerns.
-- 
John W. Linville
[email-masked]