Subject: [patch 1/1] 8021q: transfer dev_id from real device

From: Ursula Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 17:05:05 +0200

From: Ursula Braun <[email-masked]>

A net_device struct provides field dev_id. It is used for
unique ipv6 generation in case of shared network cards
(as for the OSA network cards of IBM System z). 
If VLAN devices are built on top of such shared network cards,
this dev_id information needs to be transferred to the VLAN device.

Signed-off-by: Ursula Braun <[email-masked]>
---
 net/8021q/vlan.c |    3 +++
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+)

Index: net-2.6.24-uschi/net/8021q/vlan.c
===================================================================
--- net-2.6.24-uschi.orig/net/8021q/vlan.c
+++ net-2.6.24-uschi/net/8021q/vlan.c
@@ -331,6 +331,9 @@ static int vlan_dev_init(struct net_devi
 					  (1<<__LINK_STATE_DORMANT))) |
 		      (1<<__LINK_STATE_PRESENT);
 
+	/* ipv6 shared card related stuff */
+	dev->dev_id = real_dev->dev_id;
+
 	if (is_zero_ether_addr(dev->dev_addr))
 		memcpy(dev->dev_addr, real_dev->dev_addr, dev->addr_len);
 	if (is_zero_ether_addr(dev->broadcast))

--