Subject: Re: [PATCH 5/7] pci: Export the pci_restore_msi_state() function

From: [email-masked] (Linas Vepstas)
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 18:29:26 -0500

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 02:36:56PM -0700, Matt Carlson wrote:
> This patch exports the pci_restore_msi_state() function.  This function
> is needed to restore the MSI state during PCI error recovery.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Linas Vepstas <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Matt Carlson <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Michael Chan <[email-masked]>

Davem,

This patch is generically needed for recovery from PCI errors, 
and not just the tg3 that Matt is working on.

Matt, there are also several msi-related bugs in the pseries
architecture implementation, those patches will go out to 
Paul Mackerras seperately. I was hoping today ... but things 
came up. One little iddy-biddy problem is that the pseries
is not actually *saving* the msi state, and so, ahem, the 
restore isn't quite working out either. I'm still trying
to navigate around that.

--linas