Subject: Fried r8169.

From: Tom Prince <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 11:44:42 -0400

On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 10:11:23PM -0600, Tom Prince wrote:
While testing Linux v2.6.24-rc1, I noticed that my onboard r8169 had
disappeared, and the it remained gone when I rebooted to v2.6.23 and v2.6.22,
where it had previously worked.
 
I have no idea where to begin debugging (or even reproducing) this, but am
quite willing to provide whatever additional details are requested.

I am running x86_64 ASUS Z92T laptop (an OEM version of the A6T).

I have posted dmesg/lspci/config from v2.6.23 (and soon v2.6.24) at 
 www.math.uwo.ca/~rprince5/r8169/

Also these appear to be the relevant log messages from when the device was
working. Unfortunately, I didn't have the foresight to save dmesg/lspci from
before the device disappeared.

kernel: r8169 Gigabit Ethernet driver 2.2LK-NAPI loaded
kernel: ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LNEA] enabled at IRQ 16
kernel: ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:01:00.0[A] -> Link [LNEA] -> GSI 16 (level, low) -> IRQ 16
kernel: PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:01:00.0 to 64
kernel: eth1: RTL8168b/8111b at 0xffffc200020e2000, 00:18:f3:87:0b:bb, XID 38000000 IRQ 16

  Tom

[PS Please CC me.]