Subject: Re: Oops in 2.6.21-rc4, 2.6.23

From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 15:11:20 +0100

On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 01:41:47AM -0700, David Miller wrote:
...
> Actually, this was caused by a real bug in the SKB_WITH_OVERHEAD macro
> definition, which Herbert Xu quickly spotted and fixed.
> 
> Which "I hope you've found this by yourself by now".
> 

...Btw, of course you have to be right, and I should find this in max.
12 days yet, if I'm as smart as I hope. But as for now, I really can't
see any meaningful difference between this "buggy" SKB_WITH_OVERHEAD
version and 'generic' 2.6.20.

There is also a tiny doubt, how this all could influence 2.6.21-rc4,
which seems to be 'generic' here as well. I guess it has to be some
git issue... the more so, as I can't see there this other (bisected)
patch as well?! Then, of course, this could be my sight issue - but
then these 12 days are definitely not enough...

Cheers,
Jarek P.