Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/8] Cleanup/fix the sk_alloc() call

From: "Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:15:05 -0200

Em Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 04:40:01PM +0300, Pavel Emelyanov escreveu:
> The sk_alloc() function suffers from two problems:
> 1 (major). The error path is not clean in it - if the security
>    call fails, the net namespace is not put, if the try_module_get
>    fails  additionally the security context is not released;
> 2 (minor). The zero_it argument is misleading, as it doesn't just 
>    zeroes it, but performs some extra setup. Besides this argument 
>    is used only in one place - in the sk_clone().
> 
> So this set fixes these problems and performs some additional
> cleanup.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Pavel Emelyanov <[email-masked]>

for the series:

Acked-by: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <[email-masked]>

Haven't tested, but it looks straightforward and conceptually sound,
thanks for improving the sk_prot infrastructure! :-)

Now we have just to make all the other protocols fill in the missing
sk->sk_prot-> methods (converting what is there now in socket->ops) so
that we can kill socket->ops and eliminate one level of indirection :-P

- Arnaldo