Subject: [PATCH 2/6] e1000: update netstats traffic counters realtime

From: Auke Kok <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 15:11:17 -0800

formerly e1000/e1000e only updated traffic counters once every
2 seconds with the register values of bytes/packets. With newer
code however in the interrupt and polling code we can real-time
fill in these values in the netstats struct for users to see.

Signed-off-by: Auke Kok <[email-masked]>
---

 drivers/net/e1000/e1000_main.c |   10 ++++++----
 1 files changed, 6 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/e1000/e1000_main.c b/drivers/net/e1000/e1000_main.c
index d1b88e4..e1ba705 100644
--- a/drivers/net/e1000/e1000_main.c
+++ b/drivers/net/e1000/e1000_main.c
@@ -3652,10 +3652,6 @@ e1000_update_stats(struct e1000_adapter *adapter)
 	}
 
 	/* Fill out the OS statistics structure */
-	adapter->net_stats.rx_packets = adapter->stats.gprc;
-	adapter->net_stats.tx_packets = adapter->stats.gptc;
-	adapter->net_stats.rx_bytes = adapter->stats.gorcl;
-	adapter->net_stats.tx_bytes = adapter->stats.gotcl;
 	adapter->net_stats.multicast = adapter->stats.mprc;
 	adapter->net_stats.collisions = adapter->stats.colc;
 
@@ -4034,6 +4030,8 @@ e1000_clean_tx_irq(struct e1000_adapter *adapter,
 	}
 	adapter->total_tx_bytes += total_tx_bytes;
 	adapter->total_tx_packets += total_tx_packets;
+	adapter->net_stats.tx_bytes += total_tx_bytes;
+	adapter->net_stats.tx_packets += total_tx_packets;
 	return cleaned;
 }
 
@@ -4256,6 +4254,8 @@ next_desc:
 
 	adapter->total_rx_packets += total_rx_packets;
 	adapter->total_rx_bytes += total_rx_bytes;
+	adapter->net_stats.rx_bytes += total_rx_bytes;
+	adapter->net_stats.rx_packets += total_rx_packets;
 	return cleaned;
 }
 
@@ -4443,6 +4443,8 @@ next_desc:
 
 	adapter->total_rx_packets += total_rx_packets;
 	adapter->total_rx_bytes += total_rx_bytes;
+	adapter->net_stats.rx_bytes += total_rx_bytes;
+	adapter->net_stats.rx_packets += total_rx_packets;
 	return cleaned;
 }