Subject: Re: [BUG] New Kernel Bugs

From: David Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 02:07:06 -0800 (PST)

From: Russell King <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 09:55:07 +0000

> On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 05:55:51PM -0800, David Miller wrote:
> > I've created [email-masked]
> 
> By doing so you've just said (implicitly) that you can not tolerate
> someone having a different opinion from your own.

I created a mailing list on a machine where I provide such services.

People can choose to use or not use the new list, it is their choice.

> While I accept *your* right to run *your* lists how you please, you
> are unable to accept *my* right to run *my* lists how I see fit.

I didn't tell you to take your list down or to run it in some other
way.  I didn't tell you to unsubscribe everyone and move them over
to the new list either.

I've provided an alternative, and people can pick and choose how they
see fit.  I'm letting natural selection run it's course.  Are you
able to cope with the fact that people might not want to use your
list any longer?  Perhaps that is what bugs you so much about my
giving people a alternative choice.

> So, when are you creating a replacement alsa-devel mailing list on
> vger?  That's also subscribers-only.

The operative term is "alternative" rather than "replacement".
Perhaps this misunderstanding is what you're so upset about.

And yes, that alsa list bugs the crap out of me too.  I'm more than
happy to provide an alternative for that one as well.

In fact, *poof*, there it is, [email-masked] is there and
available for anyone who wants to use it.

Have a nice day Russell.