Subject: Re: [alsa-devel] [BUG] New Kernel Bugs

From: David Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 03:56:57 -0800 (PST)

From: Rene Herman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 12:46:24 +0100

> [email-masked] is not subscriber-only. Same as that arm list, 
> it's _moderated_ for non-subscribers and given that I and other moderators 
> have been doing our best to moderate quickly (I tend to stay logged in to 
> the moderation interface all day for example) what specifically bugged the 
> crap out of you? It's not something a poster needs to concern himself with.

The fact that it farts at me every time I post to this thread.  That's
rude and annoying.

> Also for alsa-devel the moderators tend to add any valid non-subcribers to 
> a whitelist after landing in the queue the first time meaning even a delay 
> is just a one-time thing normally. So what's the trouble? Basically, noone 
> need even notice...

That sucks for new people taking part in the conversation.

There is no reason for moderation at all, it isn't necessary
for spam prevention and it does nothing but annoy new posters
and make work for the moderator.