Subject: Re: [PATCH] SGISEEQ: use cached memory access to make driver work on IP28

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 16:32:57 +0000

On Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 01:29:19PM +0100, Thomas Bogendoerfer wrote:

> Following patch is clearly 2.6.25 material and is needed to get SGI IP28
> machines supported.
> 
> Thomas.
> 
> SGI IP28 machines would need special treatment (enable adding addtional
> wait states) when accessing memory uncached. To avoid this pain I changed
> the driver to use only cached access to memory.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Thomas Bogendoerfer <[email-masked]>

IP28 is clearly a maximum weirdo beast.  Technically the patch looks fine
it's just a few stilistic issues such as there no reason for
DMA_SYNC_DESC_CPU and DMA_SYNC_DESC_DEV being macros so why not using
inlines.

Acked-by: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>

  Ralf