Subject: Re: [PATCH RFC] [1/9] Core module symbol namespaces code and intro.

From: Adrian Bunk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 22:38:37 +0100

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 01:15:23PM -0800, Rick Jones wrote:
>> The real problem is that these drivers are not in the upstream kernel.
>>
>> Are there common reasons why these drivers are not upstream?
>
> One might be that upstream has not accepted them.  Anything doing or 
> smelling of TOE comes to mind right away.

Which modules doing or smelling of TOE do work with unmodified vendor 
kernels?

AFAIR TOE was both not a module and required some hooks in the network 
stack, so it's completely outside the scope of this thread.

> rick jones

cu
Adrian

-- 

       "Is there not promise of rain?" Ling Tan asked suddenly out
        of the darkness. There had been need of rain for many days.
       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed