Subject: Re: DM9000_IRQ_FLAGS

From: Daniel Mack <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 14:41:53 +0100

Hi Remy,

On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 09:31:03PM +0100, Remy Bohmer wrote:
> This controller is also used on many other boards, like the e.g. Atmel
> AT91sam9261-ek board. On that board on both the rising _and_ falling
> edge an interrupt is generated.

However, request_irq() is called with IRQF_SHARED only, so neither
IRQT_RISING nor IRQT_FALLING is set and the value defaults to
IRQT_NOEDGE. How can you get IRQs?

> I can test tomorrow if this patch leaves this board in tact, but
> should the board-specific code not add this flag if it is required ?
> By modifying this driver you will interfere the behavior of other
> boards, and I do not know if there any level triggered types used.

Actually, the best way to go is to let the platform resources flags 
decide about that with something like

	resource->flags = IORESOURCE_IRQ | IRQT_RISING;

but the dm9000 does not care about them at all. Changing that would also
imply modifications to all board support code.

Regards,
Daniel