Subject: Please pull 'upstream-jgarzik' branch of wireless-2.6

From: "John W. Linville" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 23:34:19 -0500

Jeff,

Some more patches intended for 2.6.25...  There are a bunch of libertas
patches in there, as well as some iwlwifi cleanups from the last merge
and a couple of b43 fixes resulting from a regression in an earlier
patch already queued in netdev-2.6#upstream.

Let me know if there are any problems!

Thanks,

John

---

Individual patches available here:

	http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/linville/wireless-2.6/upstream-jgarzik

---

The following changes since commit 9c8e86195d75a1f4875e9ced083a015a99cec94e:
  John W. Linville (1):
        rt2x00: correct "skb_buff" typo

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-2.6.git upstream-jgarzik ..BRANCH.NOT.VERIFIED..

Dan Williams (11):
      orinoco: always use latest BSS info when caching scan results
      libertas: make lbs_cmd() usage nicer
      libertas: clean up is_command_allowed_in_ps()
      libertas: clean up direct command handling
      libertas: add simple copyback command callback
      libertas: convert GET_HW_SPEC to a direct command
      libertas: rename and re-type bufvirtualaddr to cmdbuf
      libertas: fix case of FWT_ACCESS_LIST_ROUTE and FWT_ACCESS_LIST_NEIGHBOR commands
      libertas: convert DATA_RATE to a direct command
      libertas: convert RF_CHANNEL to a direct command
      libertas: endianness fixes for get_channel/set_channel

David Woodhouse (76):
      libertas: Fix memory leak of RX skbs
      libertas: Remove cmd_oid from struct cmd_ctrl_node
      libertas: Consolidate lbs_host_to_card_done() function.
      libertas: Don't claim to have checksummed incoming packets.
      libertas: Move SET_BOOT2_VER command to if_usb where it belongs
      libertas: Zero 'pdata_size' field in cmd_ctrl_node reliably.
      libertas: Byteswap cmdptr->size in lbs_cmd()
      libertas: Use lbs_cmd() for setting Boot2 version
      libertas: Remove SET_BOOT2_VER support from the Big Switch Statement.
      libertas: Fix endianness in boot2_version handling.
      libertas: when usb_submit_usb fails, include the error code in the printk
      libertas: Switch to using a callback function pointer for commands
      libertas: Don't set IW_ENCODE_NOKEY when returning WEP keys.
      libertas: Fix up error handling in lbs_setuserscan()
      libertas: kill adapter->nr_cmd_pending
      libertas: switch lbs_cmd() to take a callback function pointer
      libertas: clean up lbs_thread() to make it slightly more readable
      libertas: fix lbs_rtap attribute in sysfs
      libertas: kill TxLockFlag
      libertas: kill struct lbs_adapter
      libertas: use lbs_host_to_card_done() in lbs_tx_timeout()
      libertas: cope with device which already has firmware loaded
      libertas: stop debugfs code looking at cmdpendingq
      libertas: kill internal tx queue for PS mode
      libertas: kill SendSinglePacket() function.
      libertas: move lbs_hard_start_xmit() into tx.c
      libertas: kill lbs_process_tx() by merging it into lbs_hard_start_xmit()
      libertas: clean up lbs_hard_start_xmit()
      libertas: kill lbs_pre_start_xmit(), lib_mesh_pre_start_xmit()
      libertas: stop using ieee80211 for radiotap device
      libertas: set dev_addr on rtap device
      libertas: TX packet is radiotap iff it comes from rtap_dev
      libertas: free successfully transmitted skbs again
      libertas: refactor the 'should I sleep?' decision in lbs_thread()
      libertas: Move actual transmission to main thread
      libertas: remove unreachable code from process_rxed_802_11_packet()
      libertas: fix error cases in lbs_process_rxed_802_11_packet()
      libertas: kill lbs_upload_tx_packet()
      libertas: kill (IS,SET,UNSET)_MESH_FRAME.
      libertas: add opaque extra argument to cmd callback function
      libertas: clean up lbs_interrupt()
      libertas: remove pre_open_check()
      libertas: make rtap and normal modes mutually exclusive, clean up open/stop
      libertas: improve reliability of firmware reloading on USB
      libertas: switch to a waitqueue and timer for handling USB firmware load
      libertas: don't run thread while firmware not yet ready
      libertas: switch USB cardp->priv to 'struct lbs_private *' and resulting fix
      libertas: move removal of lbs_rtap file to lbs_stop_card()
      libertas: wait for 'firmware ready' event from firmware after loading
      libertas: fix debug output in lbs_cmd_copyback() function.
      libertas: convert CMD_MESH_ACCESS to a direct command
      libertas: remove casts from lbs_cmd() and lbs_cmd_with_response() macros
      libertas: make some more functions static
      libertas: fix sparse endianness warnings in scan.c
      libertas: add lbs_mesh sysfs attribute for enabling mesh
      libertas: kill references to mesh autostart
      libertas: kill rx_urb_recall and eth_dev members of struct usb_card_rec
      libertas: whitespace cleanup in host.h
      libertas: allow get/set SSID on mshX device
      libertas: allow setting channel on mshX device
      libertas: add missing newline on debug message
      libertas: disable mesh temporarily while setting eth channel/assoc
      libertas: add debugging output to lbs_mesh_config()
      libertas: be more careful about command responses matching cur_cmd
      libertas: add missing newlines in debugging statements
      libertas: slight cleanup of netif queue stop/wake
      libertas: add lbs_host_sleep_cfg() command function
      libertas: switch lbs_cmd() to take a _pointer_ to the command structure
      libertas: make worker thread not freezable
      libertas: implement suspend and resume core methods
      libertas: implement suspend/resume for USB devices
      libertas: add ethtool support for wake-on-lan configuration
      libertas: make lbs_update_channel() function non-static
      libertas: cope with both old and new mesh TLV values
      libertas: pass channel argument directly to lbs_mesh_config()
      libertas: use spin_is_locked() instead of spin_trylock() in lbs_interrupt()

Holger Schurig (8):
      libertas: remove cmd_ctrl_node->cmdflags
      libertas: remove cmd_ctrl_node->status
      libertas: make more functions static
      libertas: handy function to call firmware commands
      libertas: fix data packet size errors
      libertas: implement new scanning logic
      libertas: endianness fixes
      libertas: fix use-after-free error

Li Zefan (1):
      libertas: don't cast a pointer to pointer of

Michael Buesch (2):
      b43: Fix ofdmtab write regression
      b43: Fix for broken transmission

Reinette Chatre (1):
      iwlwifi: remove HT code from iwl-3945.h

Tomas Winkler (2):
      iwlwifi: fix compliation warnings
      iwlwifi: add missing comments

 drivers/net/wireless/b43/b43.h              |   14 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/main.c             |   12 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/phy.h              |    6 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/tables.c           |   35 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/wa.c               |   30 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-3945.h     |   24 -
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-4965.h     |    2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl3945-base.c |    2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl4965-base.c |    6 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/libertas/11d.c         |   70 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/libertas/assoc.c       |  194 +++---
 drivers/net/wireless/libertas/assoc.h       |    2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/libertas/cmd.c         |  899 +++++++++++++++---------
 drivers/net/wireless/libertas/cmd.h         |   40 +
 drivers/net/wireless/libertas/cmdresp.c     |  488 +++++--------
 drivers/net/wireless/libertas/debugfs.c     |   93 ++--
 drivers/net/wireless/libertas/decl.h        |   27 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/libertas/defs.h        |   15 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/libertas/dev.h         |  122 ++--
 drivers/net/wireless/libertas/ethtool.c     |   66 ++-
 drivers/net/wireless/libertas/host.h        |  386 +++++------
 drivers/net/wireless/libertas/hostcmd.h     |   74 ++-
 drivers/net/wireless/libertas/if_cs.c       |   43 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/libertas/if_sdio.c     |   37 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/libertas/if_usb.c      |  232 +++---
 drivers/net/wireless/libertas/if_usb.h      |   14 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/libertas/join.c        |  157 ++---
 drivers/net/wireless/libertas/main.c        |  995 ++++++++++++--------------
 drivers/net/wireless/libertas/rx.c          |  187 ++---
 drivers/net/wireless/libertas/scan.c        | 1048 ++++++++++++---------------
 drivers/net/wireless/libertas/scan.h        |    6 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/libertas/tx.c          |  240 +++----
 drivers/net/wireless/libertas/wext.c        |  496 +++++++------
 drivers/net/wireless/orinoco.c              |   11 +-
 34 files changed, 3002 insertions(+), 3071 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/wireless/libertas/cmd.h

Omnibus patch attached as 'upstream-jgarzik.patch.bz2' due to size
constraints.

-- 
John W. Linville
[email-masked]