Subject: Please pull 'upstream-davem' branch of wireless-2.6

From: "John W. Linville" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 10:53:21 -0500

Dave,

These are destined for 2.6.25.  The patches fall mostly into two
categories: a new rate control algorithm for mac80211, and some
cfg80211 enhancements (including mac80211 patches to use them).

Also there are some small hits in the iwlwifi drivers related to
rate control.  I'll CC Jeff since his tree has a lot of iwlwifi symbol
renames and those patches will conflict (or break the build, or both)
when your tree and his finally come together.

Let me know if there are any problems!

John

P.S.  I have a few more related to the cfg80211 changes, but the
patches are cross-dependent on both your tree and Jeff's.  I will
probably send those to akpm in the meantime, and push them after
Linus has pulled both your tree and Jeff's in the 2.6.25 merge window.

---

Individual patches are available here:

	http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/linville/wireless-2.6/upstream-davem

---

The following changes since commit adc292d3280278282d7b0e0813ccda711e739b5f:
  Herbert Xu (1):
        [IPSEC]: Do xfrm_state_check_space before encapsulation

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-2.6.git upstream-davem

Johannes Berg (13):
      mac80211: clean up eapol frame handling/port control
      mac80211: clean up eapol handling in TX path
      mac80211: make ieee80211_rx_mgmt_action static
      mac80211: allow easier multicast/broadcast buffering in hardware
      cfg80211/nl80211: introduce key handling
      mac80211: support adding/removing keys via cfg80211
      mac80211: support getting key sequence counters via cfg80211
      cfg80211/nl80211: add beacon settings
      cfg80211/nl80211: station handling
      cfg80211/nl80211: implement station attribute retrieval
      mac80211: implement station stats retrieval
      mac80211: move tx crypto decision
      mac80211: don't read ERP information from (re)association response

Mattias Nissler (4):
      mac80211: clean up rate selection
      mac80211: add PID controller based rate control algorithm
      rc80211-pid: add debugging
      rc80211-pid: export tuning parameters through debugfs

Ron Rindjunsky (1):
      mac80211: pass in PS_POLL frames

Stefano Brivio (4):
      mac80211: make PID rate control algorithm the default
      rc80211-pid: add rate behaviour learning algorithm
      rc80211-pid: add sharpening factor
      doc: fix typo in feature-removal-schedule

 Documentation/feature-removal-schedule.txt |   10 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-3945-rs.c |   44 +--
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-4965-rs.c |   46 +--
 include/linux/nl80211.h                    |  154 ++++++
 include/net/cfg80211.h                     |  167 +++++++
 include/net/mac80211.h                     |   17 +-
 net/mac80211/Kconfig                       |   63 +++-
 net/mac80211/Makefile                      |   16 +-
 net/mac80211/cfg.c                         |  202 ++++++++-
 net/mac80211/debugfs_netdev.c              |   27 +-
 net/mac80211/ieee80211.c                   |   21 +-
 net/mac80211/ieee80211_i.h                 |   24 +-
 net/mac80211/ieee80211_iface.c             |    1 -
 net/mac80211/ieee80211_rate.c              |   59 +++-
 net/mac80211/ieee80211_rate.h              |   76 ++--
 net/mac80211/ieee80211_sta.c               |   35 +-
 net/mac80211/rc80211_pid.h                 |  261 ++++++++++
 net/mac80211/rc80211_pid_algo.c            |  510 +++++++++++++++++++
 net/mac80211/rc80211_pid_debugfs.c         |  223 +++++++++
 net/mac80211/rc80211_simple.c              |   64 +--
 net/mac80211/rx.c                          |  144 +++---
 net/mac80211/tx.c                          |  171 ++++---
 net/mac80211/util.c                        |   24 +-
 net/mac80211/wep.c                         |   10 -
 net/mac80211/wpa.c                         |   14 -
 net/wireless/core.c                        |    3 +
 net/wireless/nl80211.c                     |  737 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 27 files changed, 2692 insertions(+), 431 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 net/mac80211/rc80211_pid.h
 create mode 100644 net/mac80211/rc80211_pid_algo.c
 create mode 100644 net/mac80211/rc80211_pid_debugfs.c

Omnibus patch attached as 'upstream-davem.patch.bz2' due to size concerns.
-- 
John W. Linville
[email-masked]