Subject: [PATCH 2/2] e1000: Use deferrable timer for watchdog

From: Auke Kok <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 10:51:36 -0800

From: Parag Warudkar <[email-masked]>

Reduces wakeups from idle per second.

Signed-off-by: Parag Warudkar <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Auke Kok <[email-masked]>
---

 drivers/net/e1000/e1000_main.c |    2 +-
 1 files changed, 1 insertions(+), 1 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/e1000/e1000_main.c b/drivers/net/e1000/e1000_main.c
index 599153d..6af86fa 100644
--- a/drivers/net/e1000/e1000_main.c
+++ b/drivers/net/e1000/e1000_main.c
@@ -1066,7 +1066,7 @@ e1000_probe(struct pci_dev *pdev,
 	adapter->tx_fifo_stall_timer.function = &e1000_82547_tx_fifo_stall;
 	adapter->tx_fifo_stall_timer.data = (unsigned long) adapter;
 
-	init_timer(&adapter->watchdog_timer);
+	init_timer_deferrable(&adapter->watchdog_timer);
 	adapter->watchdog_timer.function = &e1000_watchdog;
 	adapter->watchdog_timer.data = (unsigned long) adapter;