Subject: Re: [git patches] net driver fixes

From: Al Viro <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 06:27:31 +0000

On Sun, Dec 23, 2007 at 12:33:14AM -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> 
> A couple [minorly] notable wireless bug fixes, and plenty of viro fixes
> for obscure issues :)

Heh...  FWIW, forcedeth patch (sent your way about two weeks ago) also
belongs in the same set.  If you need a resend - tell...

There's another pile in drivers/net/wireless, but that's for linville to
forward when he gets around to it.  Pure annotation patches belong to
past-2.6.24 merge.

I also have starfire and epic100 fixes, but that'll have to wait until
I get around to putting the cards into sparc box (mcast breakage for
starfire and full-driver one for epic100; since nobody had cared for
the latter since 2.3.late, well...)

I think I'll have an ipg fix for you tomorrow, but I want to RTFM first
to make sure that it makes sense.  And there are several interesting
issues in atl1, netxen and cxgb3, but those will have to wait for when
I get around to asking maintainers just what the hell did they mean those
to do.

FWIW, drivers/net is fairly noise-free wrt sparse endianness warnings
in my tree; the main exceptions are prism54 (oid_mgt.c and the nightmares
it pulls) and skfp (AIX-shared vendor driver; 'nuff said, IMO).

BTW, if you still have any documentation for xircom_cb from your fighting
tulip-related stuff, it would be welcome - there are some oddities with
rx ring handling (assuming that we care about that driver at all and it's
not on the way out, that is).