Subject: Re: Strange Panic (Deadlock)

From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 08:19:54 +0100

On 26-12-2007 19:58, Jarek Poplawski wrote:
> ...

And here is one more: this place needs more advanced debugging, but
let's check something simple at the beginning... (and just like before
- could be tested with or without these earlier patches).

Jarek P.
 
[PATCH 4/3] (for testing only)
---

diff -Nurp linux-2.6.23-/kernel/timer.c linux-2.6.23+/kernel/timer.c
--- linux-2.6.23-/kernel/timer.c	2007-10-09 22:31:38.000000000 +0200
+++ linux-2.6.23+/kernel/timer.c	2007-12-27 08:07:20.000000000 +0100
@@ -603,7 +603,10 @@ static int cascade(tvec_base_t *base, tv
 	 * don't have to detach them individually.
 	 */
 	list_for_each_entry_safe(timer, tmp, &tv_list, entry) {
-		BUG_ON(tbase_get_base(timer->base) != base);
+		if (tbase_get_base(timer->base) != base) {
+			print_ip_sym((long)timer->function);
+			BUG_ON(1);
+		}
 		internal_add_timer(base, timer);
 	}