Subject: Re: [PATCH] Force UNIX domain sockets to be built in

From: Adrian Bunk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 14:24:19 +0200

On Mon, Dec 31, 2007 at 01:09:43PM +0100, Bodo Eggert wrote:
> As suggested by Adrian Bunk, UNIX domain sockets should always be built in 
> on normal systems. This is especially true since udev needs these sockets
> and fails to run if UNIX=m.
> 
> Signed-Off-By: Bodo Eggert <[email-masked]>
> 
> ---
> Last minute change: I decided against making it a bool because embedded 
> folks might depend on a small kernel image. Edited in the patch below.
>...

Is this just a purely theoretical thought or is this a reasonable use 
case people actually use in practice?

After all, changing it to a bool will allow us to make the kernel image 
for nearly everyone smaller by a few hundred bytes...

cu
Adrian

-- 

       "Is there not promise of rain?" Ling Tan asked suddenly out
        of the darkness. There had been need of rain for many days.
       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed