Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH] NET: Clone the sk_buff->iif field properly

From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 22:13:12 +0100

On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 11:15:34AM -0500, Paul Moore wrote:
...
> While I'm at it, is there some reason for this #define in __skb_clone()?
> 
>  #define C(x) n->x = skb->x
> 
> ... it seems kinda silly to me and I tend to think the code would be 
> better without it.

IMHO, if there are a lot of this, it's definitely more readable: easier
to check which values are simply copied and which need something more.
But, as usual, it's probably a question of taste, and of course without
it it would definitely look classier...

Cheers,
Jarek P.

PS: I hope you didn't suggest earlier my (better?) knowlege of git;
otherwise don't bother: with your git push you are far ahead of my
gitweb 'degree'.