Subject: Re: sky2 patch in 2.6.24-rc7-git6 breaks POST - commit 84cd2dfb04d23a961c5f537baa243fa54d0987ac

From: Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 10:09:47 -0800

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 13:01:47 +0200
"Ioan Ionita" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> I have an Asus Commando motherboard, p965 chipset with Marvell
> 88E8056 and 88E8001 gigabit lan onboard. skge and sky2 are compiled
> in.
> When booting linux-2.6.24-rc7-git6, everything seemed fine, but when
> attempting to reboot, the machine would freeze on POST, right before
> detecting AHCI drives.
> In order to get it to POST, a reset or shutdown from the power button
> is not enough, I actually have to cut power to the motherboard using
> the PSU's power switch!
> 
> I first thought that the BIOS or CMOS may have gotten corrupted, but
> eventually I fund that linux was the culprit. After a git bisect, I
> found the bad commit below
> 

Is Wake On Lan enabled in the BIOS?

-- 
Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]>