Subject: Re: [Bugme-new] [Bug 9808] New: system hung with htb QoS

From: Andrew Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 13:50:14 -0800

> On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:06:58 -0800 "Brandeburg, Jesse" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Would you be willing to try the 7.6.15 driver at e1000.sourceforge.net,
> it has many more fixes for e1000 than what is available in the in-kernel
> driver.  I just posted a patch in the "Tracker/Patches" area that
> patches 7.6.15 to support the e1000_dump code to dump rings when the tx
> hang occurs which will help us figure out a) what software did to the
> ring, b) if something is messed up in the ring which we know will hang
> the hardware

General hand-waving: if you have a debug patch which helps diagnose
rare problems when a tester hits them, please consider just putting
them straight into the mainline tree.

We can always take them out later when everything is resolved, and we
can help ourselves a lot this way. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft
Defy all challenges. Microsoft(R) Visual Studio 2008.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/vse0120000070mrt/direct/01/