Subject: pull request: wireless-2.6 'upstream' 2008-01-24

From: "John W. Linville" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 14:53:43 -0500

Dave,

Here is one more big round of patches intended for 2.6.25.  This time
features some updates for b43, b43legacy and iwlwifi as well as
some other misc fixes.  There is a fixup of a minor rebasing error
in rt61pci, and there is a new driver for wireless RNDIS devices.
Finally, there is a big cfg80211 API change related to channels and
bitrates that we would like to see in the 2.6.25 cycle.

The cfg80211 API change breaks ath5k, so I have listed it as "depends
on BROKEN".  I am assured that the ath5k team has agreed to fix
this ASAP.  Meanwhile we wanted to have it in place so that we can
start shaking-out problems with other drivers.

Please let me know if there are problems!

Thanks,

John

---

Individual patches are available here:

	http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/linville/wireless-2.6/upstream

---

The following changes since commit f1d5fe9e51491cf3eef1276e790b375682ec078c:
  Stephen Hemminger (1):
        [PPP]: Sparse warning fixes.

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-2.6.git upstream

Adrian Bassett (1):
      rtl8180_dev.c: add support for 1799:700f

Bjorge Dijkstra (2):
      Fix sparse warning: returning void-valued expression
      Hardwire CDC descriptors when missing

Bruno Randolf (1):
      ath5k: debug level improvements

Gregory Greenman (1):
      iwlwifi: Fix uCode error on association

Iñaky Pérez-González (1):
      rfkill: add the WiMAX radio type

Johannes Berg (3):
      mac80211: fix alignment warning
      cfg80211 API for channels/bitrates, mac80211 and driver conversion
      nl80211: export hardware bitrate/channel capabilities

John W. Linville (1):
      rt61pci: fix-up merge damage

Joonwoo Park (1):
      iwlwifi: do not schedule tasklet when rcv unused irq

Jussi Kivilinna (12):
      Use 1KB buffer in rndis_unbind
      Halt device if rndis_bind fails.
      Fix rndis packet filter flags.
      Use wlan device name for RNDIS wireless devices
      Split up rndis_host.c
      export functions
      add driver_priv pointer to 'struct usbnet'
      Add rndis_early_init function pointer to 'struct rndis_data'.
      Add rndis_link_change function pointer to 'struct rndis_data'.
      Move usbnet.h and rndis_host.h to include/linux/usb
      blacklist known wireless RNDIS devices
      Add new driver 'rndis_wext' for wireless RNDIS devices.

Maarten Lankhorst (1):
      iwlwifi: Fix an invalid bitmask test in iwl3945 and iwl4965

Michael Buesch (4):
      b43: Fix rfkill allocation leakage in error paths
      b43legacy: Fix rfkill allocation leakage in error paths
      b43: Fix suspend/resume
      b43: Drop packets that we are not able to encrypt

Reinette Chatre (3):
      iwl4965: fix return code indicating one interface is supported
      iwlwifi: initialize geo/channel information during probe
      iwlwifi: cleanup usage of inline functions

Ron Rindjunsky (1):
      mac80211: fixing null qos data frames check for reordering buffer

Stefano Brivio (1):
      b43legacy: fix MAC control and microcode init

 MAINTAINERS                                  |    6 +
 drivers/net/usb/asix.c                       |    3 +-
 drivers/net/usb/cdc_ether.c                  |   13 +-
 drivers/net/usb/cdc_subset.c                 |    3 +-
 drivers/net/usb/dm9601.c                     |    3 +-
 drivers/net/usb/gl620a.c                     |    3 +-
 drivers/net/usb/mcs7830.c                    |    3 +-
 drivers/net/usb/net1080.c                    |    3 +-
 drivers/net/usb/plusb.c                      |    3 +-
 drivers/net/usb/rndis_host.c                 |  377 ++---
 drivers/net/usb/usbnet.c                     |    6 +-
 drivers/net/usb/zaurus.c                     |    3 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/Kconfig                 |   37 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/Makefile                |    2 +
 drivers/net/wireless/adm8211.c               |   80 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/adm8211.h               |   65 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath5k/base.c            |   10 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath5k/debug.c           |  124 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath5k/debug.h           |   18 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/b43.h               |    5 -
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/dma.c               |   30 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/main.c              |  138 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/sysfs.c             |   89 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/xmit.c              |  104 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/xmit.h              |   10 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/b43legacy/b43legacy.h   |   35 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/b43legacy/main.c        |  292 ++--
 drivers/net/wireless/b43legacy/phy.c         |   14 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/b43legacy/pio.c         |    6 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/b43legacy/radio.c       |   16 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/b43legacy/xmit.c        |   64 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-3945-hw.h   |    2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-3945-rs.c   |   88 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-3945.c      |   49 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-3945.h      |   15 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-4965-hw.h   |    2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-4965-rs.c   |   82 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-4965.c      |   50 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-4965.h      |   17 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl3945-base.c  |  525 ++----
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl4965-base.c  |  516 ++----
 drivers/net/wireless/p54.h                   |    4 -
 drivers/net/wireless/p54common.c             |   74 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/p54common.h             |   75 -
 drivers/net/wireless/rndis_wext.c            | 2570 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2x00.h         |   11 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2x00config.c   |   33 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2x00dev.c      |  149 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt61pci.c        |   26 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt73usb.c        |   23 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rtl8180.h               |    2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rtl8180_dev.c           |   94 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rtl8180_grf5101.c       |    5 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rtl8180_max2820.c       |    5 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rtl8180_rtl8225.c       |   15 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rtl8180_sa2400.c        |    5 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rtl8187.h               |    2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rtl8187_dev.c           |   82 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rtl8187_rtl8225.c       |   15 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rtl818x.h               |   70 -
 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_chip.c      |   15 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_ieee80211.c |   11 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_mac.c       |  170 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/zd1211rw/zd_mac.h       |    2 +-
 include/linux/input.h                        |    2 +
 include/linux/nl80211.h                      |   64 +
 include/linux/rfkill.h                       |    2 +
 include/linux/usb/rndis_host.h               |  257 +++
 {drivers/net => include/linux}/usb/usbnet.h  |    9 +
 include/net/mac80211.h                       |  197 +--
 include/net/wireless.h                       |  168 ++
 net/mac80211/Makefile                        |    1 -
 net/mac80211/cfg.c                           |   11 +-
 net/mac80211/debugfs.c                       |   47 +-
 net/mac80211/debugfs_sta.c                   |   18 -
 net/mac80211/ieee80211.c                     |  112 +-
 net/mac80211/ieee80211_i.h                   |   63 +-
 net/mac80211/ieee80211_iface.c               |    2 +
 net/mac80211/ieee80211_ioctl.c               |  127 +-
 net/mac80211/ieee80211_rate.c                |   15 +-
 net/mac80211/ieee80211_rate.h                |   28 +-
 net/mac80211/ieee80211_sta.c                 |  384 +++--
 net/mac80211/rc80211_pid_algo.c              |   76 +-
 net/mac80211/rc80211_simple.c                |   66 +-
 net/mac80211/regdomain.c                     |  152 --
 net/mac80211/rx.c                            |  130 +-
 net/mac80211/sta_info.c                      |   24 -
 net/mac80211/sta_info.h                      |   10 +-
 net/mac80211/tx.c                            |  164 +-
 net/mac80211/util.c                          |  142 +--
 net/rfkill/rfkill-input.c                    |    9 +
 net/rfkill/rfkill.c                          |    3 +
 net/wireless/Makefile                        |    2 +-
 net/wireless/core.c                          |   41 +
 net/wireless/core.h                          |    3 +
 net/wireless/nl80211.c                       |   74 +
 net/wireless/reg.c                           |  153 ++
 net/wireless/util.c                          |   98 +
 98 files changed, 5776 insertions(+), 3247 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/wireless/rndis_wext.c
 create mode 100644 include/linux/usb/rndis_host.h
 rename {drivers/net => include/linux}/usb/usbnet.h (95%)
 delete mode 100644 net/mac80211/regdomain.c
 create mode 100644 net/wireless/reg.c
 create mode 100644 net/wireless/util.c

Omnibus patch attached as 'upstream.patch.bz2'
-- 
John W. Linville
[email-masked]