Subject: Re: [Bugme-new] [Bug 9816] New: cannot replace route

From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 08:58:43 +0100

On Sun, Jan 27, 2008 at 02:11:26AM +0100, Jarek Poplawski wrote:
...
> But comment#3 is "ambiguous"... It looks like you don't want to show
> us too much... So, apparently you change the route, but it seems this
> route exists; you have this:
>   10.0.0.0/8 dev eth0  scope link 
> but probably also something like this:
>   default via 192.168.1.1 dev eth0 src 10.204.0.116
> 
> So, I doubt there is any "real" change attempted here. It looks more
> like a question if program should allow for changing the form of route
> entries even if they mean the same, and if this should be reported as
> error at all? But maybe I miss something...

...But, on the other hand, default route shoudn't affect adding or
changing specific routes, so this behaviour is wrong, and IMHO this
change should be reverted or fixed.

Regards,
Jarek P.