Subject: Re: hard hang through qdisc

From: Andi Kleen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 16:04:27 +0100

> Works for me:
>
> qdisc tbf 8001: root rate 1000bit burst 10b/8 mpu 0b lat 720.0ms
>   Sent 0 bytes 0 pkt (dropped 9, overlimits 0 requeues 0)
>   rate 0bit 0pps backlog 0b 0p requeues 0
>
> Packets are dropped as expected.

I can still reproduce it on 64bit with http://halobates.de/config-qdisc
(all qdiscs etc. compiled in for testing) 
with latest git tip (8af03e782cae1e0a0f530ddd22301cdd12cf9dc0)

The command line above causes an instant hang. Also tried it with
newer iproute2 (the original one was quite old), but it didn't make
a difference.

Perhaps it's related to what qdiscs are enabled? Can you please
try with the above config?

If everything fails I can do a bisect later.

-Andi