Subject: [PATCH] 2.6.25-rc1 ml4x network driver build failure

From: Kamalesh Babulal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 15:12:07 +0530

The 2.6.25-rc1 kernel build fails on the powerpc with the error

drivers/net/mlx4/alloc.c: In function ‘mlx4_buf_alloc’:
drivers/net/mlx4/alloc.c:162: error: implicit declaration of function ‘vmap’
drivers/net/mlx4/alloc.c:162: error: ‘VM_MAP’ undeclared (first use in this function)
drivers/net/mlx4/alloc.c:162: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
drivers/net/mlx4/alloc.c:162: error: for each function it appears in.)
drivers/net/mlx4/alloc.c:162: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
drivers/net/mlx4/alloc.c: In function ‘mlx4_buf_free’:
drivers/net/mlx4/alloc.c:187: error: implicit declaration of function ‘vunmap’
make[3]: *** [drivers/net/mlx4/alloc.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [drivers/net/mlx4] Error 2
make[1]: *** [drivers/net] Error 2
make: *** [drivers] Error 2

I have tested the patch for the build failure.

Signed-off-by: Kamalesh Babulal <[email-masked]>
--
--- linux-2.6.25-rc1/drivers/net/mlx4/alloc.c	2008-02-11 03:48:14.000000000 +0530
+++ linux-2.6.25-rc1/drivers/net/mlx4/~alloc.c	2008-02-12 14:43:46.000000000 +0530
@@ -34,6 +34,7 @@
 #include <linux/slab.h>
 #include <linux/bitmap.h>
 #include <linux/dma-mapping.h>
+#include <linux/vmalloc.h>
 
 #include "mlx4.h"
 
-- 
Thanks & Regards,
Kamalesh Babulal,
Linux Technology Center,
IBM, ISTL.