Subject: Re: [PATCH] bonding: simplify code and get rid of warning

From: Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 09:24:30 -0800

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 08:57:56 -0800
Jay Vosburgh <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> >Get rid of warning and simplify code that looks up vlan tag.
> >No need to get tag, then copy it. Also no need for a local status
> >variable.
> 
> 	Granted, the current code is suboptimal, but I don't see any
> warnings compiling this (gcc 4.1.2).  What are you getting?
> 

Gcc 4.2.3
  CC [M]  drivers/net/bonding/bond_main.o
drivers/net/bonding/bond_main.c: In function ‘bond_dev_queue_xmit’:
drivers/net/bonding/bond_main.c:386: warning: ‘vlan_id’ may be used uninitialized in this function
  CC [M]  drivers/net/bonding/bond_3ad.o
  CC [M]  drivers/net/bonding/bond_alb.o
drivers/net/bonding/bond_alb.c: In function ‘rlb_choose_channel’:
drivers/net/bonding/bond_alb.c:681: warning: ‘vlan_id’ may be used uninitialized in this function
  CC [M]  drivers/net/bonding/bond_sysfs.o